SPRING BREAK (but not really a break)

School is currently out for spring break, but all I can think about is the time crunch that my partner Lexi and I will face once she gets back from her vacation... We've planned to start filming Tuesday April 2nd, because neither of us have prior engagements that day and school will be out that day.

I realized we shouldn't simply worry about the future ( but instead plan ahead like crazy so that our project will turn out how we want it to. Thus, in this blog post I will be organizing the details that will go into our film opening:


  1. Casting: Lexi and I have agreed from the start of the project that scouting an actor/actress to represent our protagonist would cause more stress than necessary. We decided that I will fulfill the role of the main character (the musician) and my dad is going to play the role of the father.
  2. Costume Design: After considering ways that the costume and makeup design could reflect the tone of the film or convey/foreshadow the main conflict, I decided that the character should be wearing clothes that reflect her status as a modern young musician. Since there will be two different settings (the park scene and montage sequence), I will have to choose two different outfits to promote the illusion that they were filmed at separate times.
  3. Title Sequence: First we need a title!!! I've considered suggestions from friends such as "To Be Heard" and "The Sound of Music" (LOL) but I definitely have to run all the ideas by my partner Lexi before we make a final decision...(to be continued). Anyway, regardless of the movie's title, we have to think about where the placement of the title is going to be. Perhaps this is a job for after filming and during the editing phase. 
  4. Equipment: Although the camera quality on a newer iPhone is exceptional, Lexi and I have agreed that we prefer the crisper quality of my sister's Samsung camera and will be using it on Tuesday when we begin filming.